Free Meals for Children and Youth
Eugene School District 4J is providing free grab-and-go meals while school buildings are closed, available for all students and youth 18 and younger.
Meals are available for pickup on weekdays from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m., at numerous sites across the district. Families can choose the location that is most convenient for them, regardless of where they live or attend school.
Frequently asked questions:
- Meals are for ANY child age 18 and under
- Meals are provided at no charge
- No income requirements apply, and students do not have to qualify for free or reduced-price school meals
- Children do not need to be present to receive a meal
- Children do not need to be students in 4J
- Children do not need to attend school at the site where picking up meals
- Meals are a grab-n-go style, with both breakfast and lunch available at the same time
- Food supplies are sufficient to provide meals based on typical participation
- Social distancing rules must be observed at all times—staff, students and families picking up meals must maintain at least 6 feet of distance from any person who is not a member of their immediate household
Monday–Friday, 11 a.m.–12 p.m. (unless otherwise noted)
- Arts & Technology Academy, 1650 W. 22nd Ave.
- Chávez Elementary School, 1510 W. 14th Ave.
- Kennedy Middle School, 2200 Bailey Hill Rd.
- McCornack Elementary School, 1968 Brittany St.
- Acorn Park (12:15–1 p.m.), corner of Buck Street and West 15th Ave.
North Eugene Region
- Awbrey Park Elementary School, 158 Spring Creek Dr.
- Howard Elementary School, 700 Howard Ave.
- North Eugene High School, 200 Silver Lane
- Gilham Elementary School (only MWF, 12–1 p.m.), 3307 Honeywood St.
- Holt Elementary School, 770 Calvin St.
- Sheldon High School, 2455 Willakenzie Rd.
South Eugene Region
- Charlemagne Elementary School, 3875 Kincaid St.
- South Eugene High School, 400 E. 19th Ave. (back of building, by the cafeteria)
- ECCO, 200 N. Monroe St. (behind the district office)
- Mims House, 330 High St.
Nearby Bethel and Springfield school districts also provide free to-go meals to all youth 18 years old and younger. Some of those meal distribution locations may be more convenient for your family.