Eugene School District 4J provided free grab-and-go student meals at 15 locations across the district while school was in session, but school buildings were closed.
Starting June 15, we transitioned to a summer grab-and-go student meal program at six school sites.
Meals are available for pickup on weekdays from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m., at numerous sites across the district. Families can choose the location that is most convenient for them, regardless of where they live or attend school.
Frequently asked questions:
- Meals are for ANY child age 18 and under
- Meals are provided at no charge
- No income requirements apply, and students do not have to qualify for free or reduced-price school meals
- Children do not need to be present to receive a meal
- Children do not need to be students in 4J
- Children do not need to attend school at the site where picking up meals
- Meals are a grab-n-go style, with both breakfast and lunch available at the same time
- Food supplies are sufficient to provide meals based on typical participation
- Social distancing rules must be observed at all times—staff, students and families picking up meals must maintain at least 6 feet of distance from any person who is not a member of their immediate household
June 15–Sept. 4, Monday–Thursday, 11 a.m.–12 p.m.
Meal bags include breakfast and lunch, including hot options most days. Thursday distribution includes up to four meals per bag, with items intended to be consumed immediately and other items intended to be re-heated or cooked over the weekend. To see daily menu, go to the Titan Online Menu, which also provides allergens and nutrition information.
- Arts & Technology Academy, 1650 W. 22nd Ave. (includes Boys & Girls Club)
North Eugene Region
- Awbrey Park Elementary School, 158 Spring Creek Dr.
- Howard Elementary School, 700 Howard Ave.
- Holt Elementary School, 770 Calvin St.
South Eugene Region
- South Eugene High School, 400 E. 19th Ave.* (back of building, by the cafeteria)
- ECCO, 200 N. Monroe St. (behind the district office)
Other free youth meal program: Starting June 29, the annual USDA Summer Food Service Program will be offering free nutritious breakfast and lunch to youth at several locations in Eugene. To find these sites, hours and dates of operation, visit SummerFoodOregon.org, call 2-1-1, or text “food”to 877-877