KRVM – Contest and Giveaway Rules
Who Can Enter
1. To be eligible to participate in any KRVM contest, entrants must be Oregon residents who are 18 years of age or older and reside in the KRVM listening area.
2. Employees of KRVM and Eugene School District 4J, and any of other company which owns, programs, or provides other services to radio broadcast station KRVM-FM & AM, KSYD, KAVE, and K211BP (“Station”), their affiliated companies, underwriting and promotion agencies, any and all local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children, and grandchildren. Only one winner per household (if more than one winner per contest). To be eligible, you or anyone in your household can not have won any KRVM contest within any 60-day period preceding a call for entries.
How to Enter
1. No purchase is necessary to enter. Only one entry per household. Only one winner per household for any contest on KRVM within any 60-day period.
2. Listeners will be asked to call in on a designated telephone line at a particular time or times during KRVM’s on-air schedule. At the time that calls are solicited, the criteria for winning will be announced (e.g. first six callers, tenth caller, first caller with the correct answer).
3. One or more contests may be announced from time to time. More than one contest may run simultaneously, but entries will be solicited for only one contest at a time. Station is not responsible for any telephone system failure or malfunction or other inability of entrants to reach telephone entry line.
4. Winner(s) will be selected in accordance with the criteria announced when calls are solicited. The contest will be judged by Station personnel, and the decision of the judges will be final as to all matters, including (i) the order in which calls were received and (ii) whether any answer required to be given is correct.
5. By calling the designated telephone line, each contestant gives permission to Station to record and/or
broadcast contestant’s telephone call. All entries received from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries become the property of the Station.
1. The number of winner(s) to be selected and the applicable prize(s) will be announced when calls are solicited. Winner(s) will be notified of the estimated retail value of the prize(s).
2. Winner(s) will be notified at the time of their calls. Before claiming prizes, winners must provide their correct name, address, and telephone number to Station at the time of notification. If applicable, winner(s) must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must be received within 60 days of notification. If a winner is a minor, then the winner’s parents or guardian must sign a release and affidavit of eligibility before the winner receives his or her prize. Winner(s) must show picture identification to claim prizes. Station reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding the prize based on the identification presented.
3. Failure to collect the prize within 60 working days will constitute forfeiture of the prize. If forfeited, the prize will remain the property of Station. Another winner will not be declared.
4. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for prizes except at the sole discretion of Station. The Station has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed.
5. Winner(s) are responsible for paying all local, county, state, and federal taxes on prizes, based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules.
6. Contestants are eligible to win only one prize within any 60-day period, regardless of the number of contests entered on KRVM or their website.
7. Eugene School District 4J and KRVM Radio are not liable if the provider of any part of the prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize.
8. Eugene School District 4J and KRVM Radio are not responsible for any liabilities arising directly or indirectly from the award or use of the prize.
9. In claiming your prize, you acknowledge that Eugene School District 4J and KRVM have the right to publicize your name, character, likeness, photograph, voice, and the fact that you are the winner for promotional purposes without financial remuneration.
Odds of Winning/Miscellaneous
1. Odds of winning depend on the number of correct entries received and the order in which telephone calls are received.
2. Complete contest rules are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at KRVM, 2455 Willakenzie Road, Eugene, Oregon 97401, and on the Station’s website at www.krvm.org.
3. For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to KRVM, 1574 Coburg Road, #237, Eugene, Oregon 97401 with your request for the winners list for that contest (indicate the specific prize date).
4. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Eugene School District 4J and KRVM accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession, or use of any prize awarded hereunder.
5. Station cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes, cancellations of shows, or contest
6. Station reserves the right to make rules and contest changes and change the aforementioned contest dates.